Sweet Red Pepper Soup Recipe
Sweet Red Pepper Soup Recipes
4 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
2 red peppers, cored, deseeded and cut
into very thin strips
2 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp plain flour
1.75 pints vegetable stock
1 tsp sugar
4 thick slices rustic bread
salt and pepper
chopped flat leaf parsley, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large
- Add the onion, celery and red
peppers and cook over a low heat, stirring frequently, for about 10
minutes until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and flour
and stir well to mix.
- Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes,
then pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the sugar and season to taste
with salt and pepper.
- Half cover the pan and simmer
gently for 30 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with salt
and pepper to taste, then whisk in a ladleful or two of the hot
- Pour this mixture into the pan of
soup and heat very gently, without boiling, stirring constantly.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Put a slice of bread in the base
of 4 soup plates, ladle the soup over and garnish with parsley, if
- Serve hot.
Get your hot and spicy's ingredients here
what to cook for dinner ?
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Hot and Spicy Soup Recipes
Hot Spicy Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |