Sesame Tuna Steaks with Nori Rice Recipe
Sesame Tuna Steaks with Nori Rice Recipes
4 x 200g
(115g) sesame seeds
(200g) medium grain rice
2 1/2 tbsp
rice wine vinegar
nori, finely shredded
(60ml) peanut oil
(125g) Japanese or whole egg mayonnaise
ginger, to serve
- Coat the tuna steaks in the sesame
seeds, pressing down to coat well.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Wash the rice until the water runs
clear, then place in a saucepan with 2 cups (500ml) water.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the
heat to as low as possible and cook, covered for 10-12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave,
covered for 5 minutes.
- While hot, pour on the combined
rice wine vinegar, mirin, sugar and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Stir with a fork to separate the
grains and fold in the shredded nori.
- Keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a large frying
pan, add the tuna and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until
the sesame seeds are crisp and golden.
- The tuna should still be a little
pink in the middle.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Spoon the rice into lightly
greased 1/2 cup (125ml) ramekins, pressing down lightly, then invert
onto each plate and remove the ramekin.
- Combine the mayonnaise and wasabi
paste in a small bowl.
- Serve the tuna alongside the rice
mould with some wasabi mayonnaise on the side and garnished with
pickled ginger, if desired.
Ready to eat in 30 minutes.
Get your hot and spicy's ingredients here
what to cook for dinner ?
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Hot Spicy Rice Recipes
Hot Spicy Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |